top of page
  • Writer's pictureAdmin

IPX Postponed

Friends, family, supporters, vendors, and guests,

Over the last few weeks, we have been keeping a close eye on the COVID-19 situation. Yesterday, we received a small number of confirmed cases here in New Mexico which has led us to the decision to POSTPONE the festival until a later date this year.

Our most important concern is our community. We know many of you have expressed that you would still be excited to attend, however, that is a lot to ask not only of you, but also of your community (family and elders) who might be susceptible and we also don’t want to “throw a party and no one shows up,” especially with our main event here in ABQ.

A quick summary of information:

  • IPX is postponed

  • Futurisms Days will be digital

  • Refund options

To reiterate we are POSTPONING IPX. We wish to be clear on this: it’s a POSTPONEMENT not a cancellation.

Obviously, we moved from November to March to give us a better location in downtown Albuquerque and a little better weather for all our guests and attendees, which makes the postponement even more of a bummer for all of us with IPX and Native Realities

We are working with our venues to secure a new date and will let you all know once that is locked in.


We are going to take our Indigenous Futurisms Days online! Since we can’t party here in ABQ, we’ll take the party to everyone via the web. Over the next few weeks, we’ll be setting our digital programming, which includes many of our presenters and guests who have graciously offered their time to give their digital workshops, conversations, or best wishes so everyone can enjoy a bit of IPX at home while we wait for the storm to pass.

This will be completely free for everyone, though we will have a donation option that you can continue to support the festival and all our Native creatives.

We will have more of the programming and information, including links to our channels and webcasts in the coming days.

And speaking of our Native Creatives…

We know the next few months are going to be especially hard on some of our vendors as many of them make their living through shows and exhibitions. It’s gonna be a down time for public gatherings, so here’s what we have in mind…

For you ticket holders, if you wish to receive a refund, we can totally work with you OR you can donate your ticket proceeds to a Vendor pool that we will distribute our to help support our Native Creatives in need! If you wish to donate, you will receive a free pass to the rescheduled festival and much gratitude from us. We also know that circumstances may be a bit tighter for everyone, so if you need to refund, no worries, though we ask you give us a few days to process the request as we are a bit overwhelmed with the adjustments.

(For vendors seeing this, if you did not receive an email outlining details, please contact us at and we can give you more info).

Obviously, many of you know what goes into the planning and execution of this kind of event and we are mighty sad that those plans have been derailed. But, we are a People of resilience, determination, compassion, and strength and we will continue to move forward.

We thank you for your patience and understanding and look forward to seeing you in the summer (crossing fingers) when we can all get together again.

In the meantime, we send all our good thoughts and energy your way!

674 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page